One of the biggest mistakes many people make when interviewing for a job is they think all that is necessary to be successful at an interview is to show you have what it takes to do the work. However, according to many recruiters and hiring managers there is much more.
5 Secrets that Will Help You Secure A Job Offer
- Distill Value: List your major professional accomplishments, use those accomplishments to justify your ability and suitability. Remeber this is a sales call, you must convince a company that you are a great investment.
- Eagerness: Team work is important, don't just say it but provide solid, results driven examples. Employers need to know you'd be willing to take on whatever it takes to help the team survive and prosper. Highlight your good work ethic, the amount of awards you have received, promotions, etc.
- Manageability: You must demonstrate that you can work effectively alone as well as part of a team and able to take direction and criticism. Companies are looking for workers who get along with others, whatever their individual opinions or beliefs. Do not talk negatively about your current or previous employers.
- Understand Your Industry: It's not enough to tell an interviewer you have experience within an industry, you must illustrate proven knowledge backed by facts.
- Solutions Oriented: We all solve problems: Problem solving is the most important part of any job description so identify and recall at interview typical problems you have tackled in past employment. Provide specific examples and measurable results.